Tuesday 8 September 2015

Cheese Crackers

We started trialing cheese with Rylan and were pretty happy when he passed the trial.  Every time that we get to add a food to his diet is a great day but adding cheese just made it an amazing day.  I wanted to make him cheesy crackers that would be easy to pack in his preschool snack bag.  I amazed myself when these crackers came out of the oven and they tasted like Cheeze Its.  

I will warn you that they are highly addictive and both Ry and I had to try really hard not to eat the entire batch in one sitting.  This recipe is super easy to do and yields some amazing crackers.

Cheese Crackers

1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups shredded cheese ( I used mild cheddar)
1 cup flour
3 tbsp water

Mix together the butter, salt and cheese.  Add in flour and combine slowly.  Add the water until a dough forms.  Roll out the dough and cut into cracker shapes.  I find a pizza cutter works the best.  Place on a parchment lined sheet and bake at 375 F for 15 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment