Monday 13 October 2014

Dehydrators and Beef Jerky

I remember when I was trying to convince my husband that not only did we need a dehydrator but we need the Excalibur I had my work cut out for me.  He did not see the point of apple chips or fruit leather so when I told him I could make beef jerky we got the Excalibur pretty quick.

My husband has had to give up a lot of foods since the allergy and he really missed beef jerky.  It was a go to snack when he went fishing, quading or out on the snowmobile.  After I made the first batch of beef jerky he was in love and very happy that we now owned a dehydrator.

The beef jerky recipe is super simple, quick to do and makes a great snack.  I make a big batch and try and vacuum seal some to save but it never seems to last that long.

Beef Jerky

2 steaks, I prefer sirloin or tenderloin but any will do
2 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. pepper

Allow the steaks to slightly thaw out and then slice into think pieces.  Place all the pieces in a bowl and combine with the aminos and spices.  Allow to marinate in the fridge overnight.  In the morning put it in the dehydrator and dehydrate on the highest setting for 3-4 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment