Sunday 7 September 2014

Take Out Night - Waffles

One thing that I truly  miss about this allergy is the ability to have a night off from cooking.  With corn being so prevalent in food today we can no longer eat out or order in.  This means 7 days a week no matter how I feel I need to cook dinner.  Even though I enjoy cooking and creating I truly miss the ability to put my feet up and take a break.

There is no more pizza nights or Chinese take out.  It is all made from scratch in the safe walls of our home.  To give myself that night off feeling I created waffle night.  That night is our version of take out.  Waffles are super easy to make, the kids love them and the leftovers freeze really well for breakfasts.  Waffle night also means Mom is tired and so needing a break so after dinner no dishes for me - just lots of snuggles.

Waffles

2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups water (for richer waffles use milk)
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together (I use my Kitchen aid mixer ) and cook in the waffle maker.
Freeze the leftover in packs of two and then pop in the toaster for breakfast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment