Monday 25 August 2014

Baba's Banana Bread

I have many fond memories growing up of being in my Baba's kitchen and making banana bread.  It was always so moist and so delicious that you hated waiting until there were enough bananas in the freezer to make a few loaves.  I was thrilled when after I got married and had Brayden that my Baba passed the recipe to me.  I am sharing it with you all since this is such a comfort food that anyone should be able to make and enjoy with their family.

It has been a while since I made banana bread because I could not get ungassed bananas for Rylan.  All bananas in the stores are gassed and that gas is made from corn so Ry reacted to all bananas.  My local Sobey's is able to order in ungassed bananas for us and not only does Ry get to enjoy banana's but he gets to help Mom make banana bread.

Baba's Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup mashed bananas

Mix together the dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.  Pour into a greased pan and bake at 350 F for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment