Tuesday 27 December 2016

Apple Cranberry Cider

This Thanksgiving I was looking to serve a drink other then the water and milk we usually drink.  We always have apples in the house and Ry had learned how to make apple cider in school a few days before so I decided to give it a try.

I was surprised at how easy it was to do and the taste was amazing.  Ry sat next to me and polished off an entire cup and asked for more.  Plus doing this in the slow cooker makes the entire house smell amazing!!!

Apple Cranberry Cider

6-8 apples sliced
1 small bay cranberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1.2 tsp allspice
Water to cover

Place all the items in the slow cooker and cover with water.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours.  Strain out the liquid and enjoy.

I took the pulp and pureed it to make apple cranberry spice sauce and Ry devoured it.


No comments:

Post a Comment