Friday 22 July 2016

Egg Fried Quinoa

Everyday I take one hour for myself and exercise.  I work out to feel good and keep me being the best I can be.  That also means eating right and making good choices.  I miss take out and so I spend a lot of time trying to replicate my favourites.  It allows me to eat some great foods and even save some money too.  Chicken fried rice is totally my favourite and I wanted to make version that Rylan would eat.  Ry loves quinoa so I used that instead of rice and removed the chicken and it worked.  It tasted so good that Ry asked it for every night for a week. 

This dish also freezes well so I make a big batch and freeze lots for later.

Egg Fried Quinoa

3 cups cooked quinoa
4 carrots chopped
2 cups frozen peas
2 eggs
1 tsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste
5 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tbsp. garlic aminos


Heat 1 tbsp. of coconut oil in the frying pan and add the carrots and peas.  Sautee for a few minutes until they soften and add the spices aminos and quinoa.  Add in the eggs and stir well. Serve warm and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment