Sunday 6 December 2015

Cookie and Cupcake Sprinkles

A few weeks ago Ry's teacher had messaged me to let me know that they would be decorating cookies for class and that I would need to bring in icing and sprinkles.  I was sure I could figure out the icing but was pretty lost at how to make sprinkles.  After a few failed attempts I actually made some and seeing the smile on Ry's face was out of this world.

He had that look on his face that his mother would do anything for him to see him happy and it was such a look of appreciation.  These sprinkles were so easy to make and one small batch makes a lot of them.  You can split the mixture before adding color to make various colors but I usually make one color at a time to stock up.  I store my sprinkles in small mason jars in the pantry.

Cookies and Cupcake Sprinkles

1 cup powdered sugar - I made my own by throwing cane sugar and tapioca starch in the
                                           blender
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 tsp water to get desired thickness of the paste

powdered food colors

Mix together the powdered sugar, salt, egg white and vanilla.  Add water until a paste is formed.  Add powdered food coloring until the desired color is reached.  Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto parchment lined paper and let dry for 24 hours.  Break up into smaller pieces and store in jars.




No comments:

Post a Comment