Saturday 17 October 2015

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

I have to be honest, I am a chewy cookie kind of girl.  There is something about a moist chewy cookie that I just love.  These cookies are my favourite cookie that I make and one that the boys love.  These cookies freeze really well and I tend to make a huge batch and freeze several.  I promise you that these cookies are that good!!

Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Raisin Cookies

1 cup coconut oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. molasses
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup raisins

Mix together the wet ingredients and add in the dry ones.  Stir in the oats, chocolate chips and raisins.  Place the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm it up.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place the dough by the tablespoon full.  Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment