Wednesday 23 September 2015

Green Onion Cakes

I have to say that the take out food that I miss the most is Asian food.  Amazingly I have found that it is also one of the easiest types of foods for me to recreate with this allergy.  Last year I did a whole Asian themed birthday party and the food was a huge hit.

The recipes for my green onions cakes was the biggest success and resulted in many requests for the recipe so for all those that asked here it is.  I am amazed at how much Rylan loves this cakes and how he will eat 2-3 in one sitting.

Green Onion Cakes

3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cold water
1/3 cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup coconut oil

Mix together the dry ingredients.  Add in the olive oil and enough of the water until a none sticky dough forms.  Divide the dough into equal chunks and roll into 6-7" rounds.  Sprinkle the rounds with the green ontions.  Fold the rounds in half and roll out again.  Heat the coconut oil in the skillet and fry the rounds 1-3 minutes on each side.  Place on a towel to remove excess oil.  Cut the rounds into wedges and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment