Wednesday 23 September 2015

Garlic Dill Beans

Canning and pickling season is among us and it is one of the great ways to preserve your food.  I can and pickle hundreds of jars of food every year to last us through winter and I am always looking for new foods and ways to do it.  This year we were blessed by a wonderful Auntie who gave us two large bags of beans.  We ate a lot steamed every night but I wanted to try some other things with them.  I fermented several jars for Kevin but pickled several jars for the rest of us.

Garlic Dill Beans

2lbs fresh beans, washed and ends chopped
3 cups water
1 cup coconut vinegar
1/4 cup sea salt
1/4 cup dried garlic
1/4 cup dill

Pack the jars with the beans, garlic and dill.  Heat the water, vinegar and salt until the salt dissolves.  Ladle the hot mixture into the jars.  Put on the lids and water bath can the jars for 10 minutes.

I like mine to sit for a few weeks before we crack a jar open.


No comments:

Post a Comment