Tuesday 8 September 2015

Flour Tortillas and Tortilla Chips

I never imagined with this allergy that something as basic as chips would be so hard to find safe.  Since all the tortilla chips in the store are made with corn I knew that I would have to make my own.  In all honesty what little boy does not love chips.  I always spend so much time trying to make things for Ry that look like everyone else's food and learning how to make the most basic of treats.

I have made Ry tortillas many times before to do sandwich wraps and then it dawned on me that I could turn those tortillas into chips.  Now that these turned out so very well I need to invest in a tortilla press and safe my hands and arms from all that rolling.

Flour Tortillas

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup water
1 tsp salt

Mix the first three ingredients together.  Add the salt and the water until a dough forms.  Roll into thin circles (this is were the press would be a lifesaver) and fry in an ungreased pan.  About 60 seconds per side.


Tortilla Chips

Cut the tortillas into small triangles.  Brush with olive oil and season with herbs of choice.  I used some paprika, salt and pepper.  Place in the dehydrator until crisp.











No comments:

Post a Comment