Friday 21 August 2015

Chinese BBQ Pork & Hoisin Sauce

I miss take out.  It is not like we ate out a ton but when you wanted to celebrate or just have a night off you went out or ordered in.  I also used take out to get the things that I could not make myself.  This allergy has forced me to learn how to make some of my favorite dishes so that they are safe for the family.

Growing up my Mom would take us to China town in Edmonton to a little place that had the best BBQ pork that I have ever eaten.  I knew that I really needed to learn how to do it myself so that I can pass on a few things to Ry.  I made this for the first time at Christmas and it was so good and I have made it many more times since.

There are a few steps involved in making but they are so worth it.

Chinese BBQ Pork

Step 1: Make hoisin sauce

4 tbsp coconut aminos
1 tbsp molasses
2 tsp coconut vinegar
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp dried chilis
1/8 tsp black pepper

Step 2: Make BBQ Sauce

1 1/2 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 garlic clove minced
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp ketchup
3 tbsp coconut aminos
2 tbsp hoisin sauce

Mix the BBQ sauce together.  

Step 3: Marinate

1 lbs pork tenderloin
BBQ Sauce

Poke holes in the pork with a knife and place in a ziploc bag with the sauce and allow to marinate for 6 hours.  Remove the pork from the bag and place in a roasting pan and cook at 450 F for 30 minutes.  Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.



No comments:

Post a Comment