Monday 29 June 2015

Turkey Vegetable Soup

There is something about homemade soup that just grounds a person.  No matter how sick I get soup from a can just tastes horrible and tends to not do anything for me.  I always try to have a large container of soup  frozen - enough to feed us all for a meal.  Brayden loves this soup and devours it whenever I make it.

Soup is such a simple thing to learn to make and can easily be frozen in smaller portions to be pulled out as needed.  This soup uses homemade broth.  I make my broth by throwing the turkey in the slow cooker with some leeks and seasoning overnight.  In the morning you have thick broth and deliciously cooked meat.  I peel the meat off and save some for soup and the rest I freeze in small bags to pull out as needed.

Turkey Vegetable Soup

6 cups homemade turkey broth
2 cups water
1 cup chopped turkey meat
5-6 chopped carrots
2 cups chopped green beans
3 cups noodles ( I used kamut noodles in this pic)
1 leek chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot and let simmer until the veggies are tender.  Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment