Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Crunch Bar

I am a serious chocolate lover and I have to say that Rylan has inherited that trait from me.  He loves chocolate and if given the chance would put chocolate on everything he could.  When he drives it trucks he pretends he is the delivery truck and he is dropping off chocolate. 

When we were potty training I was look for motivation for him and I knew that chocolate would do the trick.  I adapted  a recipe from my sister in law, Jessica and used it to make a crunchy chocolate bar that he loved.  It must have been good because he was potty trained in 5 days!!

The Crunch Bar

35 quinoa crackers (we use Le Pain De Fleurs Quinoa Crispbreads
1 cup palm shortening
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup nuts ( we did not have safe nuts at the time so I made them without)

Line a cookie sheet with foil and grease the foil with coconut oil.  Line the sheet with the crackers.  Microwave the shortening on high for 2 minutes , add the sugar and microwave for another 2 minutes (be sure to stir every 30 seconds).  Pour over the crackers and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and our the chocolate over.  Let the chocolate melt and then spread over the top of the crackers.  Add the nuts if desired.  Put in the fridge to cool.  Once cooled break into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment