Monday 26 December 2016

Lacto Fermented Salsa

Three years ago I had never heard of lacto fermented foods but when we started researching the GAPS diet for Kevin it was a huge part of it and I figured I better learn how to do it.  It turns out that it is pretty easy to do and yields some very delicious foods that are very beneficial for your gut health.

I tried this fermented salsa with some of my garden tomatoes and was blown away by the taste.  It was hard not to stop eating.  The salsa keeps for about 6 months but will continue to ferment as it sits in the fridge.

Lacto-Fermented Salsa

2-3 lbs tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 lemons juiced
2 tbsp. Himalayan salt

Add all the ingredients together and put it in a large jar. Leave on the counter for two days and then refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment