Monday 5 September 2016

Brown Sugar Walnut Cookies

I love cookies and I make a lot of them in a week.  I am always looking for new recipes so that we do not get bored.  I have always wanted to try and make brown sugar icing and I needed something to put it on so I decided to make a cookie that would pair with the icing perfectly. 

This cookies were amazing and it was pretty hard to only sit down and eat one, in fact I tended to sit down and eat 3-4 at a time.  I promise you will not be disappointed with these ones.

Brown Sugar Cookies with Brown Sugar Cookies

1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

Mix together wet ingredients and then add the dry ingredients and mix well.  Roll the cookies into 1" balls and place onto a cookie sheet and slightly press down.  Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes.  Let the cookies cool completely before icing.

Brown Sugar Icing

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. butter
1 cup icing sugar

Mix all the ingredients together.


No comments:

Post a Comment