Friday 15 May 2015

Quick and Easy Biscuits

Nothing melts my heart more then when Ry walks up to me and says "Mom you please make me some yummy biscuits".  It is pretty hard to say no to that.  It makes me thankful for a quick recipes that makes some great biscuits.  The best part about this recipe is that it is customizable to whatever you feel like making.  I have made them plain, chocolate chip biscuits, cinnamon biscuits, garlic biscuits and chive biscuits.  Each time they turn out great and get eaten pretty quickly.

Quick and Easy Biscuits

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup palm shortening
1 cup milk

Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.  Cut in the palm shortening until crumbly. Add in the milk and mix until a dough forms.  Knead on a floured surface.  Pat the dough down until 1" thick.  Cut and place on a greased baking sheet (I use heart cookie cutters because it makes the kids smile).  Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment