Friday 15 May 2015

Basic Beef Broth

When you start the GAPS diet no tells you how much you will need broth and in our case how much beef broth we would need.  They also fail to mention that your crock pot will quickly become your best friend.  I have honestly never used my crock pot as much as the last several months and I am truly thankful for it.  I also discovered that it makes awesome broth!!

You can use this recipe for any meat but since we have more safe beef then anything else the recipe is for beef broth.  This recipes makes a lot of broth and I end up turning it all into soups and stews but if you are not on GAPS then you can freeze it and use it as needed.

Basic Beef Broth

1 1lbs roast, defrosted
Water to fill crock pot
1 tbsp. coconut vinegar
salt and pepper

Place everything into the crock pot and allow to cook on low for 12 hours.  (I usually put mine in over night so it is ready to do food prep in the morning).

In the morning I shred up the meat and use in soups and stews and then use up the broth.


 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment